It all began with a little cloth doll named Sarah...
Sarah was designed and created in the Autumn of 2011 as a personalised Christmas gift. She turned out so sweet that I thought, why not draft the pattern properly and write a tutorial booklet so that other people could make her too?💡
I tweaked the design, wrote the tutorial and listed the Sarah Cloth Doll Sewing Pattern for sale in early 2012. I remember being so excited to receive my first sale, I did a little happy dance around my kitchen table and began dreaming up new toy designs straight away!
Since then I've added teddies, bunnies and many more to the range but my aims have always remained the same; to provide accessible, easy to follow photo-tutorials that are cute, fun and not in the least bit scary. Step-by-step guides to help anyone successfully sew their own softies with enjoyment and ease.
My designs encourage the idea of up-cycling, meaning that you should be able to find most of the materials needed to create your softy at home, minimising the need to source and purchase expensive extras. In fact many have found these patterns to be perfect for sewing keepsake or memory toys made from treasured articles of clothing such as baby clothes or school uniform.
Pop over to our customer GALLERY page for some inspiring ideas!
These sewing patterns are aimed at beginners and improvers and are graded for ability. Some are simple enough for children or young adults and as you can see from a few of our client testimonials on Amazon, eBay and Etsy it seems we've got the balance just about right:-
- Delighted with product, well presented easy to follow patterns communication A++
- Absolutely fantastic 10/10, 5 stars ***** great service highly recommended seller
- This is the best pattern I have ever bought In 30 years of sewing, 100*......
- Better than I ever expected, got everything I need can't wait to make it now! :)
- Super! I absolutely love it thank you so much, you have thought of everything!
Sewing soothes the soul